Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Paints

So, after having some paints lying around for a few weeks and not knowing what to do with them and sort of being afraid of wasting them I decided to say "to heck with it," and I made a painting. Well two actually, the first one I just used a big brush and messed around. It was hard to paint details with a large brush. Here it is, a monster guy hiding in a cloud bank... he's not doing a very good job of hiding though:

Next, since Nagisa bought me the paints, I thought I'd make her a painting. She likes rabbits and strawberries, so I thought I'd combine the two somehow. Here are two sketches:

Yes, it's a rabbit character(who I had actually come up with before) riding a purple-legged giant strawberry. The strawberry is a bit unruly, and the rabbit is an inexperienced rider. Good heavens! Here's how it turned out:

Wu-Tang.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

comment attack!

Unknown said...

yay it works! awesome paintings. you've got a great understanding of light, like on the feet. looks fabulous :)